Free legal help and community education
Providing legal advice, information, referral and casework assistance in general family, criminal and some civil law matters. We also provide a number of community outreach services and are involved in community legal education and law reform work.
We assist financially disadvantaged individuals who live, work or study in:
· Melbourne CBD
· North Melbourne
· West Melbourne
If you are outside our catchment, please contact your nearest Community Legal Centre: http://www.fclc.org.au/find_a_clc.php
Areas of law we can assist with:
· Family law (excluding property settlement or binding financial agreements)
· Criminal law
· Family violence
· Intervention orders
· Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal (VOCAT) Applications
· Social security and Centrelink
· Consumer law
· Guardianship and administration
· Unfair dismissal or unlawful termination
Areas of law we do not assist with:
· Wills and probate
· Business and commercial matters, including business regulation and licensing
· Personal injury
· Investments and trusts
· Intellectual property and copyright
· Property and conveyancing
· Building disputes
Debt and infringements
Please call us on 03 9328 1885 to make an appointment.
Please note, we do not provide advice over the telephone or by email.
Find out about the Legal Services we provide.
Volunteer opportunities for students and legal practitioners.